IntiQuan is seeking an R programmer for an Internship position of 3-6 months.
Increased demand for support of model-based drug development through pharmacometric and systems pharmacology type of analyses requires tools that meet requirements regarding user-friendliness, flexibility, efficiency, compliance, and state of the art methodology. It can be argued that there is no single tool, currently used in the pharmaceutical industry, that fulfills all of these requirements. Our MATLAB toolbox IQM Tools has been developed to enable a seamless access to available pharmacometric parameter estimation tools, and enables a straight forward transition from mechanistic systems pharmacology to descriptive pharmacometric models.
The goal in this project is to convert our MATLAB toolbox IQM Tools into an R version of the toolbox. The idea is that the main functionality of IQM Tools should be available in R for users preferring to work in this development environment.
- To support the translation of IQM Tools into R under supervision of IntiQuan staff.
- To implement R functions to be part of the toolbox.
- To work on the interface between R and other programming languages.
- To work on documentation of the R toolbox.
- University degree (or current late-phase studies) in computer science, bioinformatics, or similar background.
- Required: Very strong R skills required
- Desired: MATLAB skills.
- Desired: Previous exposure to concepts in modeling, simulation, and/or data analysis beneficial.
- Desired: Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Required: A valid work permit for Switzerland, and possibility to frequently commute to Basel.
Application and Information
To learn more about the position, please contact Henning Schmidt (email@example.com).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.