IntiQuan is seeking a modeling and simulation scientist to join our team in 2017.
Qualified individuals will contribute to fighting diseases through collaborations with our customers in biomedical research and development for new drugs and diagnostics. M&S scientists will be expected to develop and implement quantitative, data-driven strategies for knowledge integration and decision support. Scientists will also contribute to internal and external reporting and publication of results, and will be expected to continue to develop skills and knowledge in biomedical modeling and simulation.
- Lead interactions with biomedical industry collaborators
- Provide PKPD modeling expertise to preclinical and clinical projects to help speed-up the development of treatments for diseases
- Develop strategies and conduct of innovative modeling and simulation analyses to support biomedical decision making
- Develop population pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamic (PD), exposure-response, disease progression, and/or systems pharmacology models
- Perform quality control of modeling and simulation analyses
- Prepare technical reports, manuscripts, and presentations
Education and Experience
- Required: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in Biomedical Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Pharmacometrics, Bioinformatics, or a related quantitative field
- Desirable: 2 years of post-doctorate experience (academia and/or industry) with a proven track record within the areas mentioned above
- Desirable: Published peer-reviewed articles
- Desirable: Direct experience with quantitative analytics in biomedical applications
- Desirable: Familiarity with the drug discovery and/or development process
- Desirable: Previous experience in mechanistic modeling (systems biology or systems pharmacology)
- Desirable: Experience working in a cross-functional matrix setting
- Required: Strong proficiency with a script-able modeling and simulation language (e.g. MATLAB, R)
- Required: Advanced understanding of mathematics, differential equations, and dynamic systems
- Required: Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Desirable: Advanced expertise with domain-specific modeling software (e.g. NONMEM or MONOLIX)
- Desirable: Experience with version control tools (SVN or git)
- Desirable: A strong understanding of statistical analysis of longitudinal, landmark and repeated-measures, continuous or categorical data, within a multi-level hierarchy
- Excellent written communication skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Project management and analytical skills
Application and Information
To learn more about the position, please contact Henning Schmidt (email@example.com).
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter giving reasons for their interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment agencies are kindly requested to refrain from submitting applications.